Date set: 19/1/18
Date due: 24/01/18
Note for parents:
As part of the National Curriculum for Reading, children are expected to:
Therefore, we have given the children the following task for homework this week:
Bring in your favourite reading book and be prepared to discuss it next week. Think about the following points:
- Why is it your favourite book?
- What is your favourite part of the book and why?
- What genre is the book? Why do you like this genre?
- Have you read other books by this author? How does this one compare to the others?
- Identify examples of effective language (e.g. personification, alliteration, rhyming, similes, adjectives etc.)
- Would you recommend your book to a friend? Why?