Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Edge Hill Junior School
At Edge Hill we believe that learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. Through our broad and stimulating curriculum we aim to equip all children with the knowledge and skills they need for lifelong learning. We believe that every child matters and through positive attitudes and partnership we endeavour to develop the whole child meeting individual needs so that have the confidence to ‘believe in themselves, achieve and shine every day’
Through our curriculum we will inspire children through positive outdoor experiences and provide them every opportunity to appreciate the wider, natural world to encourage a responsibility for nature conservation in later life.
- That are highly confident, feel valued and can communicate effectively cooperate and learn together.
- Develop respect for others, are honest and have a sense of right and wrong.
- Develop effective school and community citizenship and hold well balanced and views and opinions.
- That have advanced thinking skills and personal attributes.
- That is broad, balanced and relevant, that is challenging, stimulating, active and involves all children so that can become confident and independent learners that encourages and inspire individuals of all ages through positive, hands-on learning experiences.
- Where children have the every opportunity to develop an inquisitive and positive relationship with the natural world.
- Where Forest Schools is the driver for Learning Outside the Classroom and provides an holistic learning process that aims to raise confidence and self-esteem in participants whilst promoting a feeling of well-being.
- That meets the statutory requirements of 2014 National Curriculum.
- That develops Literacy, Numeracy and technological skills and knowledge so that all can access lifelong learning.
- That celebrates and values individual achievement and promotes equality of opportunity for all.
- That provides children with opportunities to achieve excellence within their ability and to develop high self-esteem, resilience, empathy and understanding of others.
- That encourages children’s development socially, morally, culturally and spiritually, with a clear understanding of British values.
- That promotes children’s health and wellbeing so that all children are healthy and happy.
- Within which every child is valued, respected and cared for and happy
- That is safe and within which children can feel secure and happy.
- That is attractive and provides extensive opportunities for learning in and outside the classroom.
- That are well trained and well-motivated that meet the needs of all children in school.
- That are committed to team work and involved in decision making and improvement across the school.
- That are committed to the well-being, welfare and discipline of all children
- That are approachable, supportive and understanding of all children.